5 Words You Never Knew Existed
Words! Words! Words! Important essence of life! Without words to form sentences and make communications, I don't think life would be as it is. To think about it, If there are no 'words', I won't be making this post right now so it's safe to say that words play very important roles in our lives.
So, in honor of how amazing words are, let's look at some words you probably never knew existed.
1. Redamancy- the act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned in full.
Starting off with this beautiful word and it's beautiful meaning, It's not everyday we experience this type of love and when it happens it's absolutely amazing! So, next time you love someone and the love is returned in full, don't say 'I don't know the word to explain it' because there is a word for it; "redamancy".
2. Metanoia- the journey of changing one's heart, self, mind or way of living; a change of heart.
Now, this is a powerful word with a deep meaning. A change of any kind can be difficult and challenging and it takes strength and determination to actually achieve it. So, there you have it, the word to describe that kind of journey.
3. Atychiphobia- fear of failure; fear of not being good enough.
This is a pretty common fear, we all go into that phase where it seems nothing is working out and then a certain type of fear engulfs us. I never knew there was actually a word to describe that type of fear but here it is! So, next time you have that kind of fear, just say 'hey atychiphobia, I'm stronger than you so, you've got nothing on me!
4. Arcadian- idyllically innocent; simple and untroubled by fear or worry.
Now, if you ask me, this sounds like the opposite of atychiphobia *smiles*. But on a serious note, won't it be a beautiful feeling to be untroubled by fear or worry? I would give anything for that solace but this is life, and as long as we're human beings, we'll always fear and worry about things and
ironically, that's what makes life interesting and worth living!
5. Meraki- doing something with total love and pure soul; leaving a little piece of yourself in your creative work.
I don't know about you but when I love a particular creative work or project, I put in everything I can give and each time I'm done with it, it feels like I left a part of my soul with it. Never knew there was a word to describe such a heartwarming feeling.
I honestly didn't know words like these existed and believe me, I know a lot of words but guess we learn new things everyday.
Have you heard of these words before? All of them? Any of them? Anyway, I just hope you learnt something new today. You can also share this with your friends and loved ones so they too can know about these words.
Thank you for your time and have a nice day ahead :)
Great post.
ReplyDelete